Windows System Administor
Company: RiskView Inc.
Job Type: Contract or Full Time
Industry: IT Consulting
Location: Downtown Toronto
- Computer Science degree or equivalent in real-world experience.
- Experience with Windows 2003, 2008, and 2012 Server platforms
- Excellent technical design and documentation skills and be able to mentor other team members and help with the design and build of various solutions.
- Solid knowledge of LAN/WAN networking to include experience with Cisco, Dell or HP routers & switches, Internet firewalls, and wireless technology.
- Able to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems, strong attention to detail and can demonstrate problem solving skills and displays a willingness to learn.
- Maintains quality customer service skills, a strong work ethic, and is a team player with the ability to work well independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organization skills, and ability to communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences.
- In depth understanding of Active Directory Infrastructure, DNS, DHCP, IAS, Exchange, Lync and BES systems, Clustering services, Windows Security, deployment services
- Experience with Sharepoint, Microsoft clusters, Citrix, web farms, ISA, TMG and other systems security products.
- Understanding and experience setting up and utilizing disaster recovery solutions, and other ITIL practices
- Willingness to learn new technologies including DLP while working in a fast changing environment.
- Be effective at managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines and working well under pressure
- strong scripting skills are an asset
- Be able to participate in the on call rotation and after hours work as required.
- Participate in operational and business critical projects through the scoping, planning, execution, and implementation
- Applying system updates, patches, and configuration changes as per established procedures
- Analyze system logs, service incidents and problems, identifying risks and potential issues, provide recommendations, implement solutions
- Participate in infrastructure projects by executing tasks assigned by project leads
- Participate in planning, coordinating and executing server infrastructure upgrades, enhancements, improvements and/or newly required service deployments
- Prepare and maintain detailed documentation of the configuration of the system, server infrastructure policies, standards and diagrams
- Provide guidance in the completion of health checks and performance and capacity reporting.
- Take ownership of all assigned tickets and drive to resolution; researching and escalating to vendor as necessary.
- Participate in the on call rotation and will require after hours work for planned changes and incident resolution, and provide expert level support to the IT Operations team