Company: RiskView Inc.
Job Type: Permanent
Industry: IT Consulting
Location: Downtown Toronto
Position: Senior Manager/ Manager
RiskView is looking for very strong Python developers who have extensive experience in building middle-tier services, who are self-starters and eager learners. The Python Developer will be responsible for the development, enhancement and modification of applications in financial institutions environments. They will be involved in design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees will work closely with clients in defining the requirements for system applications. Employees should have experience in managing a high level of risk. Employees should ideally have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. 5-7 years of applicable experience.
- Python (the language most parts of the system are written in).
- Django (the framework forca website and services).
- PostgreSQL (the database).
- – Scrapy (the framework for the crawler part of the sniffer app).
- – Elasticsearch (the data search facility for the sniffer app).
- – Flask (the framework for the sniffer app).
- At least five years of python development, Java or Scala
- Strong knowledge of software best practices (Object-Oriented design, patterns, algorithms, data structures)
- Experience writing multi-threaded systems
- Experience with memory/execution constraints and handling large amounts of data
- Experience with Unix (all of our services are deployed on Unix machines)
- Applies Test-Driven Development practices
- Desire and ability to document code, and write documentation in support of the software
- Scala programming
- Experience using agile development methodologies
- Python programming
- Functional programming
- SQL, database design
- Expert in Core Python
- Experience in developing Python API
- Debugging Python code
- DB Access using Python
- RESTFul Webservices using Python
- Messaging using Python
- Networking Programming using Python
- Maintaining code quality & coverage
- Python testing frameworks
- Communication Skills to face customer
- Understanding of OpenStack
BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related science field preferred. A minimum of 7 years’ experience in computer science, software engineering, information security fundamentals or general IT.