Careers at RiskView
—At RiskView, we offer careers – not jobs —
Our culture is based on providing exceptional impeccable services in order to redefine industry standards. We are dedicated to your inclusive growth and development as an IT professional.
Our hiring and incentive program uses the most up-to-date tools and frameworks so that new consultants are always learning in the evolving field of cybersecurity.
Currently, RiskView is seeking a Technical Writer with previous experience in proposal, technical manual, and user guide composition. The selected candidate will assist with composing and delivering proposals and other IT-based documentation for clientele. Moreover, the selected candidate will join a team of top IT Security Consulting leaders with nearly twenty years of experience who will provide any necessary training and tools.
The selected candidate will assist with the delivery of numerous projects and solutions for our clients.
Location: Toronto (the selected candidate will work in a flexible consulting environment, and it should be noted that candidate will not have to work in Toronto).
Job Type: Full-Time Employment
Industry: IT Security Consulting
Compensation: Flexible and to be determined.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Produce high-quality IT documentation, such as proposals, technical manuals, and user guides, for a variety of audiences – both with and without technical knowledge.
- Edit existing documentation for grammar, syntax, readability, and technical accuracy to ensure it meets organizational and client requirements.
- Use existing documentation and materials to create and deliver IT documentation.
- Cooperatively working with relevant teams to obtain necessary information about IT solutions and services as well as documentation requirements. This includes organizing and attending phone calls with technical teams and external parties to obtain information in order to complete projects.
- Design and update website content, including social media sites.
Education and Certifications:
- Four-year University or College Degree in English, Philosophy, Technical Writing or a related field with over two years of relevant experience (Essential).
- Graduate Certificate in Technical Writing
- Accreditation in Technical Writing
- Experience with composing and editing technical documentation, such as proposals, technical manuals, and user guides.
- Experience with updating website content.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Applications, including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
Ideally, each candidate should have experience with the following:
- Ability to quickly understand IT-related concepts and produce understandable documentation that includes concise text and clear images/graphics.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Previous experience working with WordPress (preferred).
- Ethical Behaviour: Act professionally, ethically, and morally when engaging with clients or personnel. This includes adhering to an established Code of Ethics and Code of Business Conduct.
- Communication: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner.
- Problem Solving: Effectively troubleshoot system issues and communicate findings to relevant teams and management groups.
- Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with other personnel.
- Organization: Efficient organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Decision-Making: Make informed and rational decisions that is in best interest of RiskView.
- Time Management: Perform multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
RiskView, a Toronto-based IT Security and Operational Risk Management consulting firm, is a premier provider of technology, security, and risk management services. At the highest level, our business goal is to assist Canadian organizations with effectively managing their security risks. Our team consists of former Big-4 consultants and IT specialists with years of experience in delivering transformation, security, governance, risk, and compliance management solutions. On average, each key member of RiskView has:
- Key certifications, including CISSP, CSSLP, CISA, DLP, CCNA, CCNP (Routing and Switching), Security +, Quality of Service, and SND.
- Industry knowledge and understanding of key business issues.
- Over 15 years of IT security threat risk management experience.
- Over 15 years of large and complex IT implementation experience.